Sunday, May 24, 2020

209. Windmill Brewing (Dyer, IN) - Ludicrous Mode

“Fasten your seatbelts for Ludicrous Mode. A Double Pale Ale brewed w/ South African Southern Passion and Experimental XJA2/436 hops, with a pleasant Musk of guava, passion fruit, papaya, and melons. It’s sure to take your taste buds to space, land them back on Earth, and definitely not be Boring.”

So, it’s…tropical? When I was in Honduras last year, we visited a friend of the people we were traveling with, and the friend’s name was Luis. He’s a tilapia farmer, and he also grows papayas. While we were there, we picked some papayas right off the trees, and then took them back to his house and ate them. Probably the best papaya I ever ate in my life, and I still couldn’t tell you exactly what it tastes like. There might be some papaya in here, but I can’t pick it out. Definitely tropical, but nothing stands out; and musk is another one of those words like dank—words I’m still not sure you want to use when describing your beer.

No comments: