Saturday, May 23, 2020

206. Indiana City Brewing Co. (Indianapolis, IN) - Fourth Meal Fight

“The next installment in our Craft Brew Doodle Crew Series. Double Dry Hopped Hazy IPA featuring Comet, Zappa and Azacca hops.”

First time I’ve ever tasted a beer and thought immediately that what I was tasting was mango, so it’s either a very strong mango flavor, or I’m getting better at this. It also has a very stiff, bitter finish that sort of makes me feel like I should sit up and practice good posture. It also makes me wish I had more of them, but it was part of a random four-pack that contained four different beers. It gets sharper as it warms up, in a way that I don’t really dig. (And I’m sure that’s not really horseradish I taste there near the end—right?) It started out awfully well, but when I poured the last of the can, a shitload of yeast came out. I know that’s not bad, but it’s not particularly appealing, either. I normally love the Indiana City Craft Brew Doodle Crew beers, and I loved this one at first; but there’s so much sludge at the bottom of the mug that I may have to throw out the last little bit of this one. It also tastes much more strongly of alcohol as it warms up, so definitely drink this one very cold.

No comments: