Wednesday, November 30, 2022

506. BrewDog (Columbus, OH) - It’s a Beaut

“We’ve teamed up with National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation to bring you It’s a Beaut Pecan & Toffee Stout. At 7.5%, this rich and decadent stout combines sweet toffee flavors, roasted cacao and hints of vanilla. It may not be the gift that keeps on giving the whole year, but we can guarantee that your 6-pack won’t arrive meowing. Cheers!”

For a second there, I thought I was pouring used motor oil. This beer is dark as fuck. It’s also very well balanced. Not sure I would have pulled pecan out of the hat if I hadn’t known it was there, but it does have a nutty echo to it—which blends very well with the chocolate malt. The vanilla is very round and smooth on the back end. I’m going to have seek out more of these…way too much going on here to remark on just one of them. But lovely. Still not sure where I stand on BrewDog and their maybe-politics…but these cats can brew some fucking beer, for damn sure.

No comments: