Saturday, October 29, 2022

493. Voodoo Brewing Co. (Meadville, PA) - Wynona’s Big Brown Ale

“Wynona’s Big Brown Ale is our big American Brown Ale. Generous amounts of Brown Malt coupled with our house yeast result in a robust and smooth ale with just enough bitterness to balance it out with a malty-rich backbone with notes of coffee, chocolate, and toffee.”

I’m not big on brown ales, but my buddy Shane knows more about beer than anyone else I know, and he loves them. Sometimes he blogs about them, and now and then those blog posts get my attention. (Yes, blogs still exist, and they are often still relevant; stop Tik-Tok-ing in the food court bathroom, you skanky ho-bag.) I went out in search of more of that Great Lakes Nosferatu from the other day, but Stoney’s doesn’t have it. They did, however, have this one; and yes, I bought it just because of the name. (And if it doesn’t mean anything to you…well, then I can’t help you.)

Actually, that’s not true; I can help you. LISTEN TO SOME FUCKING PRIMUS.

But back to the beer. It’s pleasantly boozy at 7.5%, and I get all three of the flavors they advertise on the website. It’s practically a porter, but I’m going to stick with brown ale so I can recommend it to Shane. The musical reference is excellent, the can art is excellent, and the beer is excellent. I could give a frog’s fat ass what they call it.

No comments: