Wednesday, October 05, 2022

480. Brew Link Brewing Company (Plainfield, IN) - Ivory

“A white what??? This award winning white stout is a mind blowing ale that looks like a blonde ale yet has all of the flavors from a stout. Chocolate, vanilla and coffee along with oats are added through the brewing process allowing it to stand up to any stout around!”

Okay…but the copy on the taproom menu says, “Golden stout AKA mind f%$k stout with chocolate, vanilla and coffee. Think Tootsie Roll in a glass.” I was headed for another of their IPAs for my second beer when I double-checked the menu and saw the bit about Tootsie Roll in a glass. Not sure I would have gotten there on my own, but I like to read the descriptions and have an idea of what I’m getting into when I try a new beer. The coffee flavor is very faint, if it’s even there; but the chocolate is moderately strong up front right after it’s poured. The longer it sits, the more the vanilla comes to the fore. The balance and complexity are impressive.

2 comments:

Shane M. White said...

This is a similar beer, and one of my absolute favorites…
http://www.shanedrinksbeer.com/2016/04/759-evil-czech-clayton-bigsby-white.html
Keep an eye out for it.
I checked their website, it appears to still be in production.

John Peddie said...

I will do that, thanks. Haven't seen anything from them in a while, but I recall liking the couple of things I have tried.