Sunday, September 13, 2020

291. Scarlet Lane Brewing Company (McCordsville, IN) - Tiberius

“Without apology and with strategic layers of palate diplomacy, Tiberius rules your senses with 100 IBUs of masterful balance and scholarly oversight. With swift and precise layering of hops and aligned malts, Tiberius is not to be underestimated in the reign of IPA emperors. Clean and swift hops frontline a legion of high quality malts to march the 100 IBU India Pale Ale to the gates of your IPA discoveries.”

Oh my. Somewhat tropical and floral, but not overly so in either direction. Biggish (8%) and very bitter, and the two combine for a finish that is a little sharp even for me. This is possibly my first Scarlet Lane beer, though I suspect that the Midsommar ale I had at Cannonball (after Scarlet Lane had taken over, but before they changed the name) awhile back was actually brewed by Eilise Lane, given her affinity for horror and the tone of the film.

No comments: