Sunday, September 06, 2020

286. Taxman Brewing Co. (Bargersville, IN) - Blackberry Wit-Held

“Nothing was ‘Wit-Held’ in creating this refreshing session ale. Coriander, orange and lemon peel combine with oats and white wheat to showcase zesy spice and malty sweetness. Signature Belgian flavors and tangy, refreshing blackberries round out this distinctive white ale.”

It’s possible that I have already had too much to drink on this lovely Sunday afternoon when my crew is down in Brown County camping and I am up here not; but I am not getting the flavor of the blackberries. I get the tart, and the funk from the Belgian yeast, but not the fruit. It’s also possible that Taxman should not be meddling in the session fields. I suspect I am not in any position to say; but while my dinner heats up downstairs, I will have another one of these and see if I can come to some kind of conclusion. Alas…it’s just tart and funky. (Not bad, though. Actually pretty good.)

No comments: