Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hacking Barack

Turns out that Barack Obama's website doesn't have those funky cool badges that Edwards had on his site, so I had to make one on my own. This involved finding a suitable image and downloading it from the Obama website, using iPhoto to crop it down to a useable size, uploading it to Blogger, and then changing the code so that clicking on the image takes you to Obama's website and not to a larger version of the picture. Took awhile to get it just right, but I like it better than the widgets on the Obama website, and fiddling with HTML has always been enjoyable for me, since I taught myself how to do it back in college.

Neither badges nor widgets are readily available on Hillary Clinton's website (that I have been able to find - maybe if you sign up, which I was not interested in doing), but John McCain and Mitt Romney both have badges you can add to your blog. Alas, no badges for Geddy & Alex, Bill & Opus, or Calvin & Hobbes.

2 comments:

Prime Mover said...

Badges! I don't need no stinking badges! I'll just make my own I guess. I like the Calvin and Hobbes suggestion though.

Godfather Weilhammer said...

I heard that Obama had badges.

It's called "bling."