Wednesday, July 26, 2023

568. Henderson Brewing Co. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - Xanabrew

“Xanabrew is the latest release in the Henderson X Rush series of limited edition beers, complementing their flagship Rush Canadian Golden Ale. Belgian Golden Strong Ale brewed with Freeze-Dried Honeydew Melon, Huell Melon Hops & Niagara Riesling Juice. Complex & delicate notes of apple, pear, stone fruit, honey dew, citrus, and spice (sage, cracked black pepper). This beer finishes dry, which allows the esters and phenolic characters to take centre stage.”

Three of the four Rush beers that I recently acquired are described as “Belgian strong ale,” and this one, at 10.5%, is the mild one. It’s got a hint of funk, and a hint of citrus. The finish is dry and boozy, and there’s a bit of stone fruit or melon that lingers way past the back end. Very well crafted, but it doesn’t make my socks roll up and down.

Did I listen to "Xanadu" while I was drinking it? Reader, I did.

“Nevermore shall I return—Escape these caves of ice.”

No comments: