Friday, August 28, 2020

280. Clown Shoes Beer (Boston, MA) - Galactica

“Defender of the intergalactic downtrodden, conqueror of bad beers and long-winded evildoers, Galacatica soars with ease from one star system to the next. Her dual-hop staff disperses justice, freedom, and intense hop flavor. Dry hopped with Galaxy hops, this Double IPA balances a hop profile of light bitterness and notes of tropical fruit, citrus, and pine with a clean malt backbone.”

The first sip was strongly malty up front, with an upright, bitter caramel finish; and then the fruit opened up a little bit as it warmed. At the moment, I am not sure that this particular beer really knows what it wants to be; but I also suspect that a second, poured into a cold, clean mug, might give me a better idea of where it’s at. However, at 8%, the second one will have to wait until tomorrow—or, actually…maybe Sunday. I can’t quite believe it, but I’m going back to work tomorrow. Granted…it’s the only day this week that I am going to work…and might be the only day I go to work until next weekend…but hey…um…yeah. I still get to file for unemployment, but since I will have to say that I have worked, that’s just going to send up a red flag that will take the unemployment people another eight fucking weeks to call me about. Yeah…you know what…I’m going to have that second one now. Fuck this shit.

No comments: