Saturday, June 10, 2017

2. 3 Floyds Brewing Co. (Munster, IN) - Zombie Dust Pale Ale

“This intensely hopped and gushing undead pale ale will be one’s only respite after the zombie apocalypse. Created with our marvelous friends in the comic industry.”

I’ve never been bowled over by 3 Floyds, but as a collector I appreciate scarcity—so I was always going to covet Zombie Dust until I had the chance to try some. The “intensely hopped” part is entirely accurate, but it’s Citra hop, so there is less bitterness and the illusion of balance. That’s not balance, though; it’s the moderate alcohol (6.2%) kicking your ass. Entirely enjoyable, but I’m sorry 3 Floyds, I’m just not that into you. It’s me, not you. Okay? Can we still be friends?

1 comment:

Shane M. White said...

Most OVERRATED BEER to come from Indiana. I dislike this beer and do not enjoy it - probably because it was over-hyped to me.

I was too nice in my review:
http://www.shanedrinksbeer.com/2013/08/273-three-floyd-zombie-dust.html