Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Poorly Constructed Reason For Voting Against Barack Obama

First there was all of that Jeremiah Wright nonsense, and the racist hatemongers like Rush Limbaugh who flogged it like Jim Caviezel in the days leading up to the Indiana primary - and now there's an e-mail that has gone viral on the ol' Interwebs, one that paints Obama as a cat who would rather shoot hoops and pose for pictures than talk to the troops. It's supposedly from a captain in the Army, but if that is really the case, then the Army should be embarrassed that it made an officer out of someone who is such a horrible, horrible writer. (That's not a comment on the content of the e-mail, which is all lies. It's just a comment on the actual writing itself, which is really quite bad.)

It's bovine fecal matter, and it's a pretty half-assed job of it, too. Who says so? Not in so many words, the following: The New York Daily News (MSM, true), Snopes (run by conservatives), FactCheck.org, and the Army itself.

The whole thing should be terribly embarrassing, on multiple levels, to conservatives and Republicans and people-who-hate-Obama-for-no-good-reason - people like this are your rank and file, although you should be used to the false patriots and Power Of Pride assholes since 9/11. If you're going to vote against Obama it should be for a good reason. Would you like some? How about his position on trade, or his claim that he will negotiate with Ahmadenijad (never mind the fact that Ahmadenijad might not even be in office by the time that Obama or McSame is sworn in), or his somewhat Orwellian plan to have the IRS send pre-filled-out tax forms to taxpayers. We can talk about those. I think it was brave of him to say he would talk to Ahmadenijad, but I don't know about the others. Hell, even voting against him because he's a Democrat is better than buying into crap like this e-mail.

(Actually, you know what? You should maybe discount this whole post, except the part about that Army idiot's e-mail being bullshit. That e-mail and the dumb-fuck Army idiot who put it together is stupid, low-rent bullshit whether I'm having a shitty day - which I am - or a great day - which I most certainly am not.)

5 comments:

Godfather Weilhammer said...

I still love you John, my little bitter buddy. It could be worse, you could live in Venezuela. Outside of the occasional visit by Sean Penn or Danny Glover, your life pretty much sucks.

Unknown said...

Sorry, if I had a visit by Sean Penn or Danny Glover, my life would suck even more.

mmaier2112 said...

Why do you say Snopes is run by conservatives?

John Peddie said...

I read somewhere that Barbara Mikkelson was connected with some sort of conservative group - but I don't recall where I read that. I was thinking it was an external link in the references section of the Snopes Wikipedia page, but I don't see it there anymore.

mmaier2112 said...

Odd. I've read a number of post on Snopes that would lead me to believe the complete opposite.