Saturday, May 20, 2023

540. Kismetic Beer Company (Indianapolis, IN) - Post. Cold IPA

“Collaboration with Pax Verum for the 2023 Post. Music Festival! Cold IPA brewed with Magnum, Simcoe, Strata & Belma hops.”

I had a sample of this last night at Kismetic, and that sample tasted strongly of grass and herbs, with a classic “hoppy” flavor up front, and some light floral notes that lingered on the palate. The full pint I had tonight at Kismetic almost tasted like a different beer. It was lighter and fruitier, with a dry, rather than bitter, finish. This is also, as far as I know, the first beer from Kismetic that has been available in cans for carry-out. The one out of the can tasted like the ones I had in the taproom tonight—light and fruity, with a dry finish. The 6.9% ABV is a little high for one of Ryan’s joints, but it doesn’t drink like it’s that big. I wish that the ones I tried today had more of the earthy flavor that last night’s sample had, but it’s still a pretty good beer.

No comments: