Wednesday, February 01, 2023

519. Black Acre Brewing Company (Indianapolis, IN) - Arthouse Blonde

“An Indiana farmhouse blonde ale made in collaboration with Kan-Kan Cinema and Brasserie.”

This will probably be the last Black Acre beer that I ever post; their last day of business is this coming Saturday, which will also be the 11th anniversary of the day they opened. I’m not usually big on farmhouse beers, mostly because funky Belgian yeast just doesn’t seem to do it for me; but this one is bright and refreshing and thoroughly pleasant. The one I had in the taproom a couple of days ago had some pronounced citrus flavor up front, but this one (though they are from the same batch) is more hints of funky yeast and sweet grass, with maybe a little bit of unripe melon on the back end. The citrus begins to come up a bit as the beer warms, and I am liking this more and more with every sip.

No comments: