Sunday, December 04, 2022

509. Sun King (Indianapolis, IN) - Scout Badge

“Scout Badge is a Porter brewed with Samoa Cookies for flavors of chocolate, caramel, and coconut.”

The only redeeming thing about the fact that Jackson’s choir rehearsals this season are in the middle of Sunday afternoon is that we frequently wind up at Twenty Tap for lunch. This place has great food and a great tap list, but more important, it’s also a place that Amy genuinely likes. Very few places check all three of those boxes. We had lunch there today, and I was only part of the way down the tap list when I saw Thai.P.A. from Bare Hands, which I haven’t had in forever and have apparently not remarked upon, either. I had already ordered that one when I got to the bottom of the tap list and saw this one. I don’t even have words for how much I love Samoas cookies. I’ve seen the ice cream with Samoas in it at the grocery store, but somehow the thought of combining two nutritional nightmares like ice cream and Samoas is a bridge too far for me. But beer brewed with Samoas? Oh. Hell. Yeah. Did I mention it was on nitro? I could smell it even before I took the first sip, and it was exactly right. The taste was exactly right, too. It’s liquid Samoas Girl Scout cookies in a glass. It would be wonderful even if it wasn’t on nitro, but with the nitro, it’s like drinking a beer and getting a smooth, creamy hug at the same time. One of the best Sun King beers I’ve ever tried.

No comments: