Saturday, June 20, 2020

232. Terre Haute Brewing Co. (Terre Haute, IN) - La Riviere

“Classic farmhouse ale spice and fruit combo with a twist. Dry hopped with Lemondrop hops. Late additions of Moroccan coriander, grains of paradise, sweet orange peel, and Lemondrop hops. Peppery spice, orange, lemon zest. A crisp and refreshing springtime beverage.”

UPDATED 6/22/20: After pouring the final two, the verdict is that this particular batch is overcarbonated AF.

A little bit of citrus and farmhouse funk up front and on the nose, and a very bitter finish that I suppose might be the classic spice they’re referring to. I’m not entirely sure. This one foamed over when I popped it, and I was afraid it was overcarbonated. I had to wait awhile for the foam to subside, and the carbonation was fine—but it got too warm, too fast. Such is the risk of drinking beer in the summer in my poorly-ventilated aboveground lair. (The second one is not much better, but I’m not sure if that’s because it’s overcarbonated or because it’s not a very good beer.)

No comments: