Saturday, June 13, 2020

224. BrewDog (Columbus, OH) - East Coast Crush

“This New England Style IPA pours as hazy as a brisk Vermont morning. With bags of crisp tropical fruit aromas, this dry-hopped monsoon crushes with pineapple, mango, and a touch of zesty lime. Brewed with wheat and oats, the waves of juicy flavor finish with an unfiltered, coastal-crisp, that’s smooth and sessionable. High on hops, low on bitterness, and big on taste. East Coast Crush - Fully fruited fog machine.”

Um…okay. I saw New England Style IPA on the label, and did not think for a second that it would be a session; and I suppose for a session it’s alright. I sort of get the session-style lightness of it, but New England’s are supposed to be juicy and big. I think. I could be wrong. This one is neither, but I sort of get the idea that it wishes it were both.

No comments: