Thursday, January 08, 2009

He's Good Enough, He's Smart Enough, And Doggone It, People Like Him!

I almost feel bad for Norm Coleman. I mean that sincerely. I really almost feel bad for him. For a Republican, he's not bad. His positions aren't nearly as incorrect or borderline criminal as others of his ilk (paging Sarah Palin). But I hope he loses anyway - I hope he loses however many more recounts there are, I hope he loses his lawsuit, and I hope he loses the case if it goes before the Supreme Court.

It won't make up for the miscarriage of justice perpetrated on this country by the Supreme Court after the 2000 "election," but it will hopefully result in the Republican party as a whole never again needing to look up the definition of the word irony.

I also hope that Mr. Coleman makes a comeback and finds some way to remain relevant in politics on a national level. The party desperately needs moderate voices, especially if its rising stars are to be people like Mystery Alaska and His Holiness Pope Jindal.

But that's a few years away. For now, Norm, you're just going to have to stand there and take it like a man while karma kicks your ass a little bit. My last hope to do with this issue is that Senator Franken is not the only Al smiling tonight.

2 comments:

Godfather Weilhammer said...

On the "paging Sarah Palin" comment...was that ilk or elk? Just wanted clarification because I know you so enjoy your anti-GOP digs and I figured I would give you some ammo.

John Peddie said...

Believe it or not, that didn't even occur to me.