Friday, May 16, 2008

Party At Dr. Tim's

I think I probably subscribe to too many magazines - or it could just be that weeklies really stack up, especially for a guy who normally reads 2-3 books at once and hasn't entirely given up his fairly stupid dream of one day becoming a novelist. When they offer you a year of Newsweek for twenty bucks, though, it's hard to say no. I'm working on last week's issue at the moment and came across a blurb about a fellow who had died. He was called Albert Hofmann and he is credited as being the first person to synthesize LSD. He lived to be 102 years old. The guy who gave the world LSD. 102. I'm just sayin...

2 comments:

Prime Mover said...

Didn't mean he actually took the drug on a regular basis. He could have been the nerd and not the hippie, or something. Hard to imagine a 100 year old dropping acid. Though I would pay to see that.

John Peddie said...

Well, I'm sure he wasn't taking it recently. But he advocated strongly for it once he came up with it.