Monday, April 30, 2007

Tales From The Crypt #3

Five days down, four more to go - and I am off for two of them. The only major problems while I was there today weren't even major problems. Two fillms that had to be screened in Digibeta format overlapped each other (we only have one Digibeta deck), and there was some down time in one auditorium until the Digibeta deck became available. The other snafu was that one of the houses had two movies scheduled in the program booklet but not in our tech schedules. We got around that one by squishing the intermission together. By the time Ryan and I left at a bit after six, we had the rest of Sunday squared away for David, most of Monday squared away, and a good bit of Tuesday, too, I think.

And while I'm at it, let me throw some monster Blog-O-Rama props out to Ryan Micheel, my projection booth consigliere, who has almost single-handedly masterminded the smooth running of our portion (which is the lion's share) of this year's Indianapolis International Film Festival. The hard work he has done all week cannot be understated, so I'm going to force all of you to sit here and listen to it for a moment. Since films started coming in last week - in 35mm, DVD, Beta, and Digibeta formats - Ryan has been cataloguing those films in what we have begun to refer to as "the system," stacks of films in order of show time and arranged by day of the week on our work table in the booth. In addition to that, he's been doing build-up and tear-down and has run some of the festival, too. I know Ryan wanders into the Blog-O-Rama from time to time, so thanks Ryan!

Yes, and there were cookies today, too. The peanut butter kind with the bit of Snickers inside. Yeah. Giggity, even. And as if it weren't enough that there were cookies, those cookies were - wait for it - still warm when I wandered into the break room. Man, oh man. And she made me take the ones that weren't eaten at work home with me - as though there was much arm-twisting that had to be done there. Coming up next, two days off in a row...

Current song playing on iTunes:
"I'll Be There For You" by Bon Jovi

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Yay John, Ryan, and David!!

Justin said...

Sounds like you be having some fun!!

Shane M. White said...

GREAT JOB GUYS!
Booth work at Festivals is ALWAYS entertaining. Good luck with the rest of the week.

Oh, and that Bon Jovi album ROCKS! I know it's a little "poppy" for some people, but I totally dig it too.

Hillary said...

Poppy as in pop music, or poppy as in one of the main agricultural activites in Afghanistan? I hope you didn't mean "recreational" poppy "use".