Friday, April 13, 2007

And On And On...

From an MSNBC-related blog called Test Pattern, this post on the passing of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. There are links near the bottom of the post to some other Vonnegut-related material.

(And hey, if it feels like I'm beating a dead horse here, it could be worse. I could be waxing poetic about the whole Don Imus thing. I didn't think I had anything to say about it until I sat down at work and started to write out some of the things I was thinking about it. It turns out there's quite a post that I could...post.)

The One Book, One City program chose Slaugherhouse-Five as this year's book for all of us to read - but the other four books that made the "final round," so to speak, were Cat's Cradle, A Man Without A Country, Palm Sunday, and The Sirens Of Titan. Not a bad slate of potentials, actually, considering that Slaugherhouse-Five and Cat's Cradle were givens.

My finalists, for the One Book, One Blog program:

Deadeye Dick
Hocus Pocus
Palm Sunday
Player Piano
Timequake

Probably there won't be a lot of voting for this particular program, but who knows! Stranger things have happened!

No comments: