Friday, October 09, 2026

647. Fat Orange Cat Brew Co. (North Haven, CT) - Pumpkin Chai Latté

Nothing but the brief description on the can—Oatmeal Stout with Pumpkin Spice & Chai—and I don’t see much online, either. I saw this in the cooler at the coffee shop in Red River Gorge earlier this week, and picked it up on a lark. I checked my notes when I got home, and found that this is my first beer from Connecticut. I thought that got me to 34 states, but I apparently marked Alaska on the chart when I should not have. When I went back through the notes, I could not find an Alaska beer—so I’m holding at 33 states. The beer is just okay…the pumpkin and chai flavors they’ve used don’t mix very well together, and there is an odd aftertaste that I can’t quite place. I also don’t get the mouthfeel I look forward to with a beer that has oats in the grain bill. It’s not bad, but it is disappointing.

No comments: