“Corn Dog Beer is brewed with corn and smoked malt to evoke the sweet-and-savory nostalgia of a classic Indiana State Fair corn dog. Notes of toasted corn and subtle smoke give way to an easy-drinking finish worthy of the midway.”
We didn’t make it to the fair this year. It’s getting harder and harder to justify spending that much money to bake in the sun all day and walk around dodging corpulent-posteriored Republicans who don’t believe in education or dentists. But man, oh man…was that Corn Dog Beer calling to me. When I heard they had cans of 12-ounce 4-packs for $9.99 at the College Avenue location, I was unable to resist. I had one in the taproom yesterday, and it tasted almost like nothing; and the one in the mug at home today that will be pictured below also doesn’t taste like much (though it tastes like more than the one in the taproom yesterday). The one I had straight out of the can while I was playing Punch-Out! this afternoon with Jackson, however…that one was kind of incredible. The corn and smoke flavors are strong up front, and they mingle on the back end in a way that does sort of make you think of a corn dog. It tastes more like kernel corn out of a can than the batter that encases a corn dog, but that smoke could almost…almost…be a hot dog. A third one, also straight out of the can, but upstairs in my above-ground lair, where it is warmer than downstairs where I was playing Punch-Out! with Jackson, is somewhere in between. I may need to get another 4-pack before I make up my mind on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment