Wednesday, August 09, 2023

576. Centerpoint Brewing Company (Indianapolis, IN) - Birdie

“This India Pale Ale was brewed with Mosaic and Pacifica hops that give this beer a fruity, citrus, and floral aroma with mild bitterness.”

The orange flavor from the Pacifica hops stands out both up front and on the back end, while the fresh pine flavor from the Mosaic sort of goes streaking by. There’s just a hint of bitterness in the finish, which nicely balances the sweetness of the orange flavor. Looking back over my other entries, I’m noticing how often I mention orange flavor when I try Centerpoint beers. Maybe that’s their thing. If it is, they’re pretty fucking good at it. For one goofy second there, I thought I was getting tired of IPAs; but this one brings right back to mind how wonderfully complex and interesting the style can be.

No comments: