Sunday, August 08, 2021

411. Black Circle Brewing Co. (Indianapolis, IN) - Mob Rules

“DDH IPA w Lactose added - Citra, El Dorado, & Comet hops.”

First beer on my third day in a row at Loom, and it was a beaut—so much so, that I took notes on it while re-reading the painter-in-the-desert section (KATE) for the first time in months. To wit: “Sweet and smooth, with strong stone fruit flavor up front, light carbonation, and a citrus finish. That sweet stone fruit flavor becomes more pronounced as it warms up, as does a dry element to the finish. I almost always have two different beers when I stop in at Black Circle or Loom for a bit of writing after doing my time at the old juke joint, but I might have to have a second one of these this time. Philip is on a roll with new beers in the last couple of weeks, and this might be the best of them.” And those are revised notes, of course. I got halfway through the KATE section and made it home in time to see most of the Saturday rerun of Jeopardy!; but I didn’t do any writing on Sunday.

No comments: