Wednesday, May 19, 2021

385. Revolution Brewing (Chicago, IL) - Mosaic Hero

“The namesake hop summons a lush monsoon of pineapple, mango, and papaya to wash over a lightly toasted body. The perfect tropical storm wraps up a light touch of pine for balance.”

Two Mosaics in a row is more of a happy accident than any kind of plan, and this one is hop forward in a way that I suspect the previous one wanted to be. Here we have pine and tropical fruit dancing together happily like George and Lorraine at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. (No, I’m not providing a link by way of explanation; if you need a link to appreciate that reference, then I can’t help you.) Is there a “lightly toasted body” floating around somewhere in the cheap seats? I can’t quite tell, but there are two more of these in this charming 12-pack. If I change my mind about it, I shall surely report it in a timely fashion. (But whether I discover that flavor or not, this is what I want a Mosaic IPA to be.)

No comments: