Sunday, January 31, 2021

341. Triton Brewing Co. (Indianapolis, IN) - Gingerbread Milk Porter

“Originally brewed as a Brown Ale in 2011, Triton Brewing Company has a history of making gingerbread-spiced Ales at Thanksgiving time. A unique brew from the mind of Brewer Jon, this deliciously sweet, spicy and earthy Ale is here to help you enjoy the family and hearth.”

We decided to try our luck at Fort Harrison today for the snowy walk and sledding that we haven’t had the chance to do in the last couple of years because of not enough snow, so I talked Amy into trying the Triton Brewing Co. Bistro for lunch—and the ironic part is that I was the one of the three of us who enjoyed it the least. It was overpriced faux-gastropub fare, and I should know better than to get nachos at places like that, but apparently I do not. I was, however, pretty pleased with an 8-ounce pour of their Gingerbread Milk Porter. It’s clean and light (5.0%), with a spicy flavor that echoes root beer a little more than it does gingerbread. They brought out a sample pour of the nitro version and said that it was a little better for tasting the ginger, and I agreed. I was going to get a mix-and-match case to take home, but it turns out that the case discounts they advertise online don’t actually exist when you’re in the building. I’m no economist, but $11.22 for a 12-ounce six-pack does not qualify as any kind of deal. (And hell, as long as I’m piling it on, that description up there is pretty bad writing.)

No comments: