Saturday, July 18, 2020

249. Quaff ON! Brewing Co. (Nashville, IN) - Java the Red

“Caramel malts and roasted barley blend with the added coffee to create a complex but smooth flavor.”

We have now eaten at Big Woods in Speedway twice since Indianapolis began the long, slow process of recovering from being raped by Fuckwit Joe Hogsett; and I still haven’t had any luck with the food, but man do I love the beer! Well…except for this one. It’s dry and crisp, but the coffee taste seems to be an afterthought rather than a real idea. (It’s also possible that coffee doesn’t go with red ale, and the brewers at Quaff ON! just don’t know that.) [I have no explanation for the shitty picture, except that I took it with Amy's phone. That probably doesn't mean anything, but it's all I can think of.]

No comments: