Sunday, June 09, 2019

101. Taxman Brewing Co. (Bargersville, IN) - Deduction

“Take a Deduction, our abbey-style dubbel. This effervescent ale showcases malty sweetness with rich notes of raisin and fig. Although dark in color, this approachable dubbel features a light and dry body, accented by caramelized candi sugar.”

Raisins and figs are two more fruits I’ve never encountered in beer descriptions, and “candi sugar” calls to mind the sort of bimbo that Dan Fielding might hook up with one night after court. Not really my thing, but the dry finish helps to mitigate the off-putting upfront sweetness. I was afraid I might have trouble choking one of these down after I had the first sip, but it was surprisingly smooth; the glass was empty was sooner than I thought it would be.

No comments: