Friday, March 12, 2010

First Published (Very) Short Story Forthcoming

I checked my e-mail at work tonight and found that I had a message from the editors of Ichabod’s Sketchbook, saying that they wanted to accept a piece I had submitted for publication in their next issue. After that, I spent most of the rest of my shift grinning like an idiot. After I heard about Ichabod’s Sketchbook, I started sort of hoping that maybe my first ever published work would appear in an Irvington literary journal. I thought that would be very cool; and wonder of wonders, it looks like it’s going to happen. (And I’m supposed to read it at the launch party. This fills me with trepidation.) Also, it turns out that, hours later, I’m still grinning like an idiot.

2 comments:

Shane M. White said...

CONGRATS DUDE!!!
That is way too awesome.
I'm very happy for you, and I hope that you're still grinning like an idiot two days later.

I look forward to reading it, I hope you post it here - or post a link to it here.

John Peddie said...

Thanks, Shane. I'll probably post the story on my blog at some point, but I definitely don't want to steal the thunder from the second issue of Ichabod's Sketchbook. I don't know if there will be a link to it from their website or not - the first issue was not posted online at all.

Of course, you could always come to the launch party and buy your very own copy of the journal - and get the added bonus of possibly seeing me make an idiot of myself while trying to read the story out loud.