Thursday, April 02, 2009

This Is What I'm Thinking About

In Shane's most recent post over there at his Experiment In Living, he mentioned that it seemed like his friends weren't blogging much anymore, and that he missed knowing what was going on in their lives and what they were thinking. The last bit of that got me thinking...about simply blogging about the things one is thinking at any given moment. The idea stuck with me, and I had some thoughts while I was out taking a walk today, and I decided to write them down and blog them out. So here we go...

Just walking...downtown walking on a nearly perfect spring afternoon...across Jackson Street to look up and to the left at the imposing but elegant face of the Grand Hall at Union Station...then across Illinois to look above Pan Am Plaza at the hole in the skyline where the Hoosier Dome used to be...and then a bit later, Illinois Street again, this time at Vermont and passing Acapulco Joe's with its rich smells of onions and corn tortillas heavy in the air, almost its own atmosphere...and then walking down into the grass at the American Legion Mall, the library ahead of me and the city's skyline behind as I head toward where I think that new Moroccan restaurant is, somewhere near the Murat (it's actually on Ft. Wayne Avenue, one side of the triangle that comes to a point where Ft. Wayne meets North and Pennsylvania Streets, nearer the Federal Building than the Murat), and I change my mind about going in to get a menu when I realize that it's more of a sit-down place than a take-out place...and then I cross Pennsylvania and sit down at one of the picnic tables in Obelisk Square to write all of this down so I won't forget. And I think later tonight I may go to the Chatterbox and have a beer. Yeah...

No comments: