Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Snakes & Arrows

Rush will have a new album in stores on May 1st, titled Snakes & Arrows. Both Geddy and Neil have said that it is some of the best work they have done in years, although I suspect that most musicians probably say that when they have a new record coming out - or at least are instructed to say it by their corporate record company masters. There is an article on Neil's web site in which he talks a bit about the recording sessions for the new album, and the latest issue of Revolver magazine has an interview with Geddy. Also, a blog called Rush Is A Band has a number of posts on...well, all things Rush.

The first single is called "Far Cry" and the Rush Is A Band blog mentions in one of its posts that the new single will be on the radio March 19th or 20th. The official Rush web site says that the band will be on tour this summer, with details to follow. In the words of Stimpson J. Cat - "Happy happy, joy joy!" Hopefully having a youngster around won't preclude me from seeing Rush a sixth time.

Probably babies don't pop out of the womb already possessing a love of the music of Rush, right?

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Ok, NOW the visual thingie decides to work after I posted on my own comment dealie about it. Story of my life.

Anyways, what I've been trying to say all day is:
"Surely your love of Rush is great enough to be transfered via DNA to Son of Peddie! Or have you stumbled upon the Nature v. Nuture debate?"



p.s. You know you loved Ren and Stimpy.

John Peddie said...

'Course I loved Ren & Stimpy. I have Ren & Stimpy comic books, and once upon a time, the first issue was actually worth a bit of...bread.

(A Molly-worthy pun, do you think?)

Hillary said...

Sometimes you make me cry inside.