Saturday, July 19, 2008

Chakaia Booker: Mass Transit

I heard something in passing on the news a couple of weeks ago about a new public art exhibition that would soon be on display here in Indianapolis, but when I checked that news channel's (don't recall which one) website I was unable to find the story. Then earlier this week, Amy and I saw some of the pieces being placed for installation while walking from City Market to the State Museum. And, just now, I read Bill Benner's Indy Insights blog and found information on the exhibit, called Chakaia Booker: Mass Transit - as well as a link to a website all about public art here in our fair city. The exhibit - sculptures made of tires that are cut and shaped and folded onto stainless steel frames - is set to open on Tuesday (7/22) and be in place through next March. I imagine I will have pictures to post once Amy and I get around to checking it out.

No comments: