Thursday, September 27, 2007

Jackson's First Trip To The State Museum

Finally got some shots of the little guy smiling today. We went to the State Museum after lunch downtown at Bazbeaux (the Basilica pizza with black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and pesto sauce rather than tomato sauce) and walked around for a bit. The one shot of him smiling here was the best of the three that I got. The other two are just goofy-looking expressions that made me laugh when I snapped them.





Also got some shots of the Foucault pendulum, which was always one of my favorite things to check out when the museum was in the old City Hall building at Alabama and Ohio. It's not the same in the new building - a spiral staircase does not create the same sort of image as four levels of concentric ovals leading the eye up to the stained glass at the top - but at least they kept it.


2 comments:

Shane M. White said...

He has an AMAZINGLY CUTE SMILE!!!

And those big beautiful eyes!

WOW! He's turning into a real little person... Not that he was ever made of wood, or anything... You know what I'm talking about... Yeah?

John Peddie said...

Yeah, I get ya. He certainly doesn't resemble Gollum anymore. I saw him roll over for the first time tonight. Amy's seen him do it before, but this was the first time I was around for it.

Beautiful eyes and good looks, of course, came from Mom.