Sunday, April 02, 2023

529. Kismetic Beer Company (Indianapolis, IN) - New England IPA

“Lotus, Amarillo, and Mandarina Bavaria combine to offer aromas of sweet clementine and tropical fruits. Pale ale malt base with flaked oats, flaked wheat, and wheat keep the body creamy and rich.”

This is my new favorite place to go after work to write for an hour and drink two beers. I want to like the new Scarlet Lane, where Black Acre used to be, but I don’t yet. This place has a nice vibe, vaguely kitschy post-modern art-deco decor, and some very fine low-ABV beers. This one has a nice haze to it, and very light orange flavors up front, before a very fine dry finish. I’m not sure I get the smooth taste of the oat in the grain profile, but the two I have had have poured very cold, so that might have something to do with it. Ryan’s shtick is low ABV, so IPAs might be somewhat outside of his wheelhouse—but this is not bad. (It also ain’t great, but it is pleasant and very drinkable.)

No comments: