Thursday, April 16, 2020

190. Black Acre Brewing Company (Indianapolis, IN) - Dystopian Game Show

“A hazy, double dry hopped IPA brewed with Norwegian Farmhouse Yeast. Perfect for watching the jumbotron from the comfort of your own living room.”

I had never heard of Kveik yeast, so I had to look it up. It apparently lets you brew quite fast, and is very fruit forward, in addition to being easily mutable as strains move from one part of the world to another. “Farmhouse” makes me think funky, but that might just mean that I’ve had too many beers from Taxman and Central State. I don’t taste any funk here, but I do get a strong grapefruit flavor (which could be because poured into a mug it looks like yellow grapefruit juice) and a little bit of pine. The bitter finish is flavorful, and not just bitter. Love it—absolutely fucking love it. (The only problem is that, at $16 for a four-pack of tallboys, it’s too expensive. Fine to try, but not something to be had regularly. Hopefully they will have this on tap when the world stops shitting the bed and we can all go back to, you know, fucking working.)

No comments: