Saturday, January 17, 2009

News That Practically No One Will Care About

I watched Revolutionary Road a couple of nights ago and have since been pondering what I thought of the movie, both on its own terms and in compare/contrast terms with the novel upon which it is based (which I have just about finished reading for the second time); and I've been trying to decide whether or not I want to shell out the dough for the original score (by Thomas Newman, who also scored the previous Suburbia Is Hell film by Sam Mendes, American Beauty). I checked some of the Interwebs and found out that the only Borders in the city that didn't have the CD in stock was the one right next to the mall I work in, and the Castleton store was already closed when I got off work, so I had a go at Barnes & Noble. They didn't have the CD, but I did discover something cool while I was browsing the fiction racks.

Two of the three novels by Richard Yates - who wrote Revolutionary Road - that had previously been out of print are now back in print. The store had one copy of each novel - Disturbing The Peace and Cold Spring Harbor - and I snapped up both of them, almost thinking I was seeing things. I checked the Borders website when I got home, and it says that the third out-of-print novel, Young Hearts Crying, is due to be re-released in March. This means that, come March, all of the fictional works of Richard Yates will be in print.

No comments: